HCMUD 43 – Mandatory Water Conservation (Stage 2)Aug 29, 2023
Notice to Residents:
HCMUD 43 – Mandatory Water Conservation (Stage 2)
Due to the severe heat and weather conditions, your District has now entered Stage 2 of its Drought Contingency Plan. We ask that all residents conserve water by taking the following measures:
- Outdoor water use is limited to the hours between midnight - 9 a.m. and 7p.m - midnight
- Outdoor water use, including, but not limited to, lawn and garden watering, car washing, and window washing, must be conducted with a hand-held hose with a manual on-off nozzle. The use of sprinklers or an automatic sprinkler system is prohibited at all times.
- Odd-numbered addresses may use water outdoors on Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday.
- Even-numbered addresses may use water outdoors on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday.
- Permitting water to run or accumulate in any gutter or street is a violation of this order.
- The District shall recommend that the following public water uses by any of its Users not essential for public health and safety be curtailed:
- The use of water to wash down any street, sidewalk, walkway, driveway, parking lot, tennis court, or other hard-surfaced areas;
- The use of water from fire hydrants for other than fire fighting purposes;
- The use of water to fill swimming pools, wading pools, spas, fountains and Jacuzzi type pools; and
- Failure to repair a controllable leak(s) within a reasonable period after
For a complete copy of the District’s Drought Contingency Plan, please click the link below.
Ensure that you have the most recent information as it relates to Harris County MUD 43 by signing up for the District Alert System, and receive communication through text and email updates. Additionally, the District website will be updated, as needed, with information regarding droughts, weather and storm warnings, flood risks, and any possible impacts to facilities or drainage as a result of weather.
Did you find this article helpful? Your neighbors and friends might too. Spread the news via the share button at the top of this article to Facebook, Twitter & Nextdoor!